Winter can leave your skin feeling dry and irritated, however you can make gentle but effective masks from food items you probably already have at home, try some of these out:
Avocado Mask (for dry skin):
- Mash up the flesh of an avocado with a fork.
- Add a splash of olive oil.
- Apply to face - wash after 15 mins.
Papaya Mask (for dry skin):
- Mash a ripe papaya, and add a spoon of olive oil.
- Apply to your face and leave for 15 mins. Then rinse with water.
Honey and Raw Milk Mask (for dry skin):
- Take 5-6 tablespoons of raw milk and mix together with 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Apply to face, and massage for up to five minutes.
- Allow it to rest on face for a further 20 mins, before rinsing with lukewarm water.
Strawberry and Lemon Juice Mask (to reduce redness):
- Take a handful of strawberries, and blend together with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Apply the smooth paste to your face and leave for 20 mins before washing off.
- Strawberries contain salicylic acid to help reduce break outs!
Oatmeal Mask (for wind burnt skin):
- Mix together equal measures of raw oatmeal flakes, egg yolk, and honey.
- Keep on face for 20 mins before washing with lukewarm water.
Egg White Mask (for oily skin):
- Smooth a beaten egg white over face, and then leave to rest for 30 mins.
- Rinse with water.